We encourage all of our commenters:
- to be respectful towards one another.
- to refrain from ad hominem and personal attacks.
- to keep to the topic of the post in which comments are being made.
- to refrain from violating the anonymity of other commenters.
At Dialogue Ireland we make every attempt to allow all commenters a platform to express their views and to have their say. We will only take moderation action in the following cases where commenters have posted:
- abusive verbal attacks.
- material that is completely off-topic from the post.
- sockpuppetry or impersonation.
- spam or pornographic material.
- material that is illegal under the laws of Ireland and/or the US.
Please note that, in order to reduce the large amounts of spam comments we receive, any comments that contain two or more weblinks will be placed in a moderation queue. We ask all commenters to restrict their comments to only one weblink to avoid any delays in their comments from being published.
It is our preference not to delete any comments (except spam) unless we are forced to do so. Where comments have been moved they will be reposted in the commenting section of this page to preserve the record.
We offer a very high bar of tolerance, much higher than most other website. We also do not have any resources or personnel (other than our webmaster and our director) to invest in patrolling out website. We ask all our commenters not to abuse this tolerance, and to help foster interesting discussion and the free flow of ideas and sharing of relevant materials.
Please note that the comment section below is our ‘derail thread’, functioning as our dumping ground for all off-topic and/or excessively abusive comments made in other threads.